I purchased my DJI Mavic Air, Fly More Combo in May 2018 and so far I flew 13Hr30min after 80 flights in two countries.
What do I like about DJI Mavic Air?
- Small, light and portable – under 450g
- Decent built quality and compact design – the bag that comes with the Fly more Combo is really nice
- 12 MP photo/ 4K video up to 100Mbps
- Affordable – under £1000
- 8GB internal storage (I forgot my microSDHC home once)
- Quick modes, tripod and object tracking in particular
- Radar compass when 3G/4G is not available
- Return to Home button on the remote controller (useful when the preview image has stuck once – was very cold outside and gimbal pointing down 90 degrees)
- I can control the drone with the remote controller if the phone battery suddenly dies (luckily I had the drone in sight and managed to land it safely)
What I don’t like about DJI Mavic Air:
- Compass calibration before every flight
- Return to Home pop up box
- Poor video/photo quality in low light situations
What irritates me about DJI Mavic Air?
- Mandatory firmware updates
- The camera’s clip-on cover is awkward (but useful)
- Inserting/removing the MicroSD is fiddly
What I wish DJI Mavic Air would have?
- A way to manage/format the MicroSD card without having to pair it first.
- Automatic pairing to a certain device.
- A small display built into the controller.
- A better way to clamp the phone on the controller
- USB-C port for charging as well as data transfer
- More internal storage
- Battery life could be better than 17 minutes
- No horizontal crop when switching from stills to video mode
- Log profile
- Dedicated exposure control button
- A better 4 bays charger design because is very difficult to put the batteries on the change in low light situations
For the full Mavic Air Specs – https://www.dji.com/uk/mavic-air/info
Check out this amazing 4K video I captured with this ‘baby’ in the Lake District recently: